The Chef de Cuisine Association of California, ACF-Los Angeles
On Sunday, June 28, 2015, at Laguna Nigel Regional Park, we had the Multi-Chapter Family Picnic. The Picnic was a success! We had Chefs and their Families from all six of the Southern California Chapters. We also had Chef Michael Ty, Past President and Chairman of the Board, of the American Culinary Federation.
A good time was had by all of those in attendance. For those of you who were unable to attend, please plan on attending next year.
We had a good turnout of people of all ages and we raised a sizable amount of money for The Chef and Child Foundation. Thank you for your generosity.
I would like to thank all of our attendees for attending and extend a special thanks and welcome to all of the new faces who attended the picnic.
I would like to thank all of our donors. This includes people who gave us goods and services that helped to make this event a success. I would like to single out the following people and organizations for special thanks:
1) Chefs Greg and Justin from Rational for bringing out the Rational Cook Shack and preparing all of our food for us. Additionally, they provided some educational opportunities with their demonstrations.
2) Chef Jennifer& Chef Richard Riley from the Orange Empire Chefs Association for coming early and helping to set the picnic up.
3) Chef Daniel Costati from the CCAC for coming early and helping to set up.
4) The Chefs Emmeggener and Family from San Diego for bringing the ice to the picnic, as well as for their extremely generous donation to The Chef and Child Foundation.
5) Chef Michael Ty and Maryann for coming all the way from Las Vegas to attend this event and to visit with Chef Harry Brockwell. Additionally, Chef Michael took the time to speak with each and every person who wished to speak with him. This doesn't happen at every event that Chef Ty attends.
6) Chef Andrew Feldman of Glendale Community College, a member of the CCAC, for his help in the cleanup after the event.
And last but not least, The Orange County Fire Department from Laguna Nigel who came and donated to our picnic both as monetary donors and as Educational Entertainment for our children with their Fire Truck and goodies for the kids.
If I didn't mention you I am sorry as there were so many people doing things that I am unable to remember all of you. Thank you!
One last note. We will be having A get to gather on August 2015 at the Western Restaurant Show at the Los Angeles Convention Center at 9:30 A.M. on Sunday, August 23, 2015. Please watch for further details so you can hook up with us! Please make sure you sign up!
Robert Phillips CEC, CCA, CFSP, ACE